Patch notes: 0.5.6 Adventurer Balancing
A major change to how the fifth ability of each adventurer now gives that adventurer an ability to sacrifice 50 EN in order to take fundamentally less damage in the form of a Guard state. This now gives players an extra layer of strategy where they can use this state in order to maximize the tanking potential of weak or front line targets.
You wrote … i listened … to the suggestion tab in Discord as to what everyone’s opinion was about adventurer balancing. I am always curious as to what kind of balancing ideas you, the players, have since you are in contact with the state of the game much more than i can be as an “outsider” to the play-styles. In other words, keep em coming! Suggestion tab is a gold mine that players can offer me.
- New effects called States
- States, unlike enchantments and curses, are effects that forcefully end the adventurers turn when in combat after its use.
- New State – Guard
- All Adventurers in the game now have an ability called guard (Not the same as the old Guard ability). When used, a guard state is applied to the adventurer. Under guard state that adventurer takes 35% less damage from all sources. This reduction is calculated on the already calculated value and not on the original ability value (Example: ATK UP and WRATH do not add on each other, instead only on original).
- When recruiting “food” adventurers from the recruitment tab, players can now decide to recruit all 30 at the same time (this functionality takes in to account already purchased food adventurers).
- While recruiting each unit has a random application to the price of the unit, the recruit all sets the price value to rounded up.
- Recruit all does not have a chance to recruit C grade adventurers.
- The game build now forcefully targets android API level 29 due to Google play restrictions.
- The lowest possible supported android version has been increased to 7.0 ‘Nougat’
- This change effects a very small inactive portion of the player base. To those that this change does effect, while i do not promote the use of third party applications to run Journey Online, i will state that at the moment it is not forbidden to use third party applications to run Journey Online. If in the future this changes i will notify everyone here.
- Action points now have a new display in combat.
- Prepare and Guard abilities have been replaced by the new Guard ability.
- Glaive Warrior (Air, Water) – UA ATK modifier reduced from 280% to 250%
- Divine Champion (Earth, Water) – UA reduced DEF and RES modifiers from 5% to 2%.
- This is a major change in the potency of this passive when the passive is not maxed ability level. The majority of the power of this ability will now come from its ability level ups.
- Divine Champion (Air, Fire) – UA Summon now also applies benevolence for 1 turn.
- When checking the statistics of used adventurers, Divine champions with the summon were in the most low tier.
- Archeologist (Air, Water) – UA Mark ATK modifier reduced from 1000% to 800%.
- Bard (All) – PA AP modifier increased from 15% to 20% per turn.
- Bard (Earth, Water) – SA AP modifier increased from 60% to 80%.
- Bard (Air, Fire) – SA AP modifier increased from 60% to 80%.
- Reaper (Earth, Water) – PA has a new Secondary AP modifier added at 40%.
- Reaper (Air, Fire) – PA Ability now also leaves a DOT that scales with 40% ATK modifier.
- Reaper (All) – SA HP modifier reduced from 15% to 10%
- Reaper (Earth, Water) – SA secondary AP modifier increased from 30% to 100%.
- Reaper (Air, Fire) – SA new secondary modifier ATK scales now at 30% and ignores all defensive stats (Only the secondary modifier).
- Reaper (Earth, Water) – UA special proc is increased from 150% to 200%.
- Werewolf (All) – SA abilities now scale at an increase of 20% per hot instead of 10%.
- Werewolf (Air, Fire) – UA HOT modifier increased from 25% to 50% per turn and its turn increased by 1.
- Werewolf (Earth, Water) – UA ability is no longer self target only. This UA ability now targets the entire row that the werewolf is in. UA first level of the ability has changed from 20 energy to 5.
- Reaper (Earth, Water) UA did not function properly when taking in to account ENREG curse.
- A certain bards effect was spamming the battle scene with endless objects. Was sure to bring the axe to that one!
Alas! Off I go to write more code!
Jure “Ernil” Veler